2021 USDF/IDA Quiz Challenge
USDF and IDA are proud to bring you the IDA Quiz Challenge for the 2021 year!
Membership and Quiz Challenge Registration
Membership Requirement: Participants in the Quiz Challenge must be active IDA members, and current USDF members. USDF membership can be a Participating Membership, a Group Member Organization (GMO) Membership, or an Education Membership. Your membership must be current from when you register until the conclusion of the Quiz Challenge.
- Both memberships must be in place in order to register for the Quiz Challenge.
- Go here https://www.usdf.org/join/ to join or to renew your USDF membership.
- If you are over 21 and you want to do the Education Membership, please email your request to Jamie Humphries at email@example.com to receive the $10.00 youth education membership rate.
Registration: Online registration for the quiz challenge can be found on this page: https://www.usdf.org/education/quiz_challenge.asp. You must be logged in to your USDF account in order to access the registration button. The final day to enter is March 10.
- Once your entry has been processed, you will receive an email with further information regarding how the 2021 Quiz Challenge will be administered.
- Coaches will be sent an email listing all registered participants from their school on March 5.
Quiz Challenge Round 1
- The first round of the quiz challenge will open on March 12 and close on March 26 at midnight.
- Round one will focus on information from the USEF Dressage Rulebook and the following in-depth studies on https://www.usdf.org/education/university/kb/courses/indepth.asp:
- Classical Training: https://www.usdf.org/education/university/kb/course.asp?ID=1812
- Riders Aids: https://www.usdf.org/education/university/kb/course.asp?ID=1810
- Seat and Position: https://www.usdf.org/education/university/kb/course.asp?ID=1814
- Pyramid of Training: https://www.usdf.org/education/university/kb/item.asp?ID=2310&q=pyramid%20of%20training
- The results of Round One will be announced on April 1st.
ROUND 1 OF THE QUIZ WILL BE ONLINE, BUT IN A MONITORED SITUATION
- The coach (or other school authority) will set a day/time that their team will take the quiz together, in one location, in a monitored situation. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the teams may have to split up to take the quiz this year. Always follow your state and local guidelines.
- The coach will send an email to the USDF Youth Programs Liaison (firstname.lastname@example.org) informing her of the date/time the team took the quiz, and will include a list of the names of those team members participating.
- The quiz results "date stamp" will be verified against that list.
Championship Round at IDA Nationals
The top five (5) riders from each level of the Round 1 competition will move to the Championship Round. Normally held at the IDA National Championships, details about the final round will be forthcoming. Results of the final round will be announced at the IDA spring series awards finale on May 1, 2021.
2021 Grand Prize
The grand prize winner of the 2021 USDF/IDA National Quiz Challenge will receive a complimentary registration to the 2022 USDF/USEF Young Rider Graduate Program to be held in West Palm Beach, FL on January 15-16, 2022.
If you have any questions please contact the USDF Youth Programs Liaison at (859) 971-7360 or email@example.com.